Junk Journal

Hi there! 
I blogged a challenge card earlier today, which you can see here. I had a lot of fun as their Guest Designer for the week. However, one card wasn't enough and so I made two - and it still wasn't enough - and started getting crazy and throwing things together and ended up making a junk journal! 

What's a junk journal? Actually, I have no idea as I've never watched a tutorial on one nor read about them. But I know they exist. And I'm sure there are some stunning ones out there that are precise and symmetrical and even pretty - none of which the one I made is, haha I literally grabbed what was around me and put it all together. 

My main components focus around the front cover and Tonic Studios Aqua Flow Pens, Dies and Crystal Drops. 
I used lots of different backgrounds I had already made for another project but it never materialised. And lots of of scraps, ribbon and twine. I really have no idea what I'm going to do with it - maybe change the binding to something more sturdy but to be honest with you, it's absolutely fine as it is. I really adore the rawness of it all and it's taught me quite a good lesson - not everything needs to be perfect and there is beauty in imperfection. 
So how did this project come into being? Well, I made a challenge card, and you know how it goes, I just let go and before I knew it I was punching holes, cutting, snipping, gluing and binding a little journal! 
Just some of the pretty pages inside. 






The journal isn't complete - it's just the base so lots of fun to be had to add embellishments and additions. 

Side view
The front/side view
Ta-da! And that, my friends, is how not to make a junk journal - haha.
Have a great day and catch up soon 
Lots of love and hugs
Jennifer

Popular posts from this blog

Distress me once, twice, ink me thrice!

Kimono Collection A2 Box Tutorial

'Spooky'licious Halloween Stamping