Smoosh Me Blue

Hello and good morning
Carrying on with my smooshing technique, this is Part 2. Now that I've gotten to grips with the basics, which you can see here, and after watching Julie Hickey in action 
here, I was ready for some more cardmaking. 
Materials: 
Tonic Studios Nuvo Hybrid Ink Pad, Black Shadow
Distress inks -Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, Shabby Shutters, Black Soot, Abandoned Coral
Oxide inks - Fossilized Amber, Broken China, Worn Lipstick
Thick Watercolour Card 300gsm
Craft Perfect, Black Card
Craftwork Cards 6x6 cardblanks cut down to A2 size - 5.5" x 4.25"
Craftwork Cards Candi Fix
Craftwork Cards Alphabet Stamp Set (LOVE THIS)
Tonic Studios and Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
Triangular Paper Clip
12x12 multi stencil - no idea who makes it
Card 1
I grabbed my stencil and smooshed it into my inks, then placed it on my piece of watercolour card (5.25" x 4")and repeated this several times with different designs and colours. Don't you think the effect is cool?

I tried and repeated several times, and mat and layered onto a piece of A2 black cardstock using candi fix for dimension. 

Using another piece of watercolour card, I popped it into my Tim Holtz Stamping Platform using the Alphabet Stamps from Craftwork Card and the Hybrid ink, Black Shadow - from Tonic Studios. I then coloured in the lettering with distress inks, made a small banner tail and used a really cool triangular paper clip to hold the sentiment in place.  


Card 2
More stencil and smooshing but this time I went in with my fingers through the stencil to blend the image and inks together. Again, it is an A2 card and the same mat and layer as above applies. I only stencilled twice here, first with Broken China and then with worn lipstick. I used Abandoned Coral straight from the ink pad and onto my fingers through the stencil in a few areas. 
I stamped the image again and coloured in, placing the strip across the design of the card. 

Card 3
No stencils here, just smooshing from my glass matt. I left the ink quite thick and added just a little water. I then picked up most of it with a scrap piece of paper until it started to get blotty (is that even a word? haha).

I repeated this several times until I had built up some nice depth. The sentiment is again stamped on to watercolour card and laid across the front. 


I adore these cards and they are going to three very special peope who will appreciate the sentiment. 
meraki [may-rah-kee] - to put your soul into something, to put a little bit of yourself into it; create with passion and love
I've really enjoyed  myself these past few days making 2 sets of cards in different colourways. You can see my first blog post here
Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog. 
Happy Crafting
Jennifer xx



Popular posts from this blog

Distress me once, twice, ink me thrice!

Kimono Collection A2 Box Tutorial

'Spooky'licious Halloween Stamping