Saturday, 1 July 2017

All Wrapped Up for Christmas in July...

As far as papercrafting goes, we start Christmas is June/July and ya'll know that never seems enough time! 
My first Christmas Collection of the year is Julie Loves - All Wrapped Up- by Craftwork Cards. It's modern, clean and fun!
I used the label off the packaging for my first card and used the sunburst effect so you can see what the kit is about. Cool, eh?!
There were two distinct colours for me in this kit and so I compartmentalised them - into pinks
 I had to make a circle easel card as the patterns of the pad work so well together. This was my last minute card an hour before the post office closed - no pressure then! haha
 And a gorgeous book Gift box.
 A full tutorial for the faux book box can be found here
 I also made a love stepper card. These card blanks are quite easy to make once you made one or two. I love the white poinsettia die cut flowers, they are gorgeous!
And then we have the reds...
starting off with a lovely Clean and Simple stamped card. The large sentiments are fantastic for batch making Christmas cards.
Another stamped card but this time I used the smallest christmas tree stamps and used it multiple times to make a large tree, finishing off with one of the sentiments as the trunk. Pretty neat, isn't it? I then threw some colour on a piece of mixed media card and turned this into a shaker card. 
My next card is a double aperture card. Easel cards take more paper but I really think you need to line the whole card for a maximum impact. I used a small strip of acetate to dangle the bauble and wrapped wire around the crown for a little texture. You can use wire or thread to hang your bauble but as this was a sample card and would be transported to various locations I wanted it sturdy. The back of the bauble is a mirror image as I glued two together.
 Just becuase you have a 6" x 6" paper pad doesn't mean you can't make projects. This box is so NEAT and can be made from 1 sheet of A4 paper and a small strip of glue. The beauty is that it also folds flat! The photo shows a single box and a stack of two and three. I was chuffed when I made these.
Carrying on with the boxes - this one is much larger as it stands at 6" tall. Still easy to decorate with a 6" paper pad though. It does not fold flat and had a lid.
If you ever want to know how I made something I can either link you to a previous tutorial or make a new tutorial and post it.
You can find me in a few places: -
Jennifer Kray Designs Facebook Page
Craftwork Cards Official Facebook Group
Instagram
I'll be back shortly with some more Christmas designs - from Tonic Studios! <3 
Lots of love and hugs xx
Jennifer 






A spooktacular four of a kind