Tuesday, 4 July 2017

A Trio of Trios

As it's mid year, that can only mean one thing for papercrafters...Christmas! With that in mind, I'd like to share with you a trio of cards made with the new Tonic Rococo Plus - Christmas Trio Die Sets.
I love the simplicity of these designs but you can also created fabulously elaborate cards with them if you want. 

Tonic Materials:
Tangerine Die Cutting Machine 138E
Rococo Plus Christmas Trio Reindeer Family 1779E
Majestic Gold Pearlescent Card A4 250gsm - 9500E 
Blushing Pink Pearlescent Card A4 250GSM - 9503E
Bright White A4 216GSM - 9016E
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Pale Gold - 676N
Craft Guillotine 12 Inch - 152E
Nuvo - Deluxe Adhesive - 200N
Circle Layering Die Set - 481E
Tonic Merry Christmas Sentiment Die Set 1
Tonic Merry Christmas Sentiment Die Set 1

Other Materials: 
Black Smooth Card

Ribbon
Button
Acetate
Foam pads and taps
Craftwork Cards Sophisticate USB
Sequins from Lucy's Shop 

Today I focused on clean, simple designs.
My colourway is black, white and gold. Card 1 focuses on this beautiful sentiment.  I cut it out five times in white and adhered parts of them around the card for some added depth. I then cut black and used dimensional foam to lift up the white layer and place the sentiment in the centre. Simple and effective. 
My second card is a lovely shaker card using two monotone paper designs, a gorgeous Christmas sentiment and a lovely little reindeer. I've also used the Craftwork Cards new Sophisticate USB monochrome collection. Super fun card and dead easy to make! 
My third card is a simple black card. If you look closely, you can see 12 black reindeer I cut out to make a subtle background. I also used another stunning sentiment from the new collection and a slightly different designed reindeer to the one above. A added Pale Gold Nuvo Drops to finish. 
Well, that was a quick and easy blog post from me today! I really enjoyed stripping away the layers and concentrating on simpler designs. Not sure if I nailed it but you've got to have a go :) 

Lot of love and hugs

Jennifer xx


A spooktacular four of a kind